Monday, January 26, 2009

All work and no play....

I´ve come to terms with the fact that I work 8 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I´m sure, however, that you´d rather not hear about my countless hours checking people in and out of the hostel, running up and down the stairs, answering phones and emails, and listening to the innumerable backpacker complaints. So there´s the scoopage on my very limited non-work life:

I´ve learned how to make homemade bread. And pizza.

And we still have never been out to a restaurant since moving here.

On my day off a week or so ago Nate and I went climbing at Cerro Ventana. Spectacular photos to come. (Or simply see his blog because he´s way more up-to-date than I am)

I take the colectivo to and from the center of Bariloche, with the priveledge of staring out at the most gorgeous Patagonian scenery.

We are very fortunate to have two houseguests from Seattle join us in our apartment. Ben and Lindsey have descended on Bariloche with their energy and climbing gear. It´s fun to have them, even though they keep me up way past my bedtime with their good company and hilariousness. I will pass along their blog info when I get my digital hands on it!

I took 3 steps on the slack line.

Hmmm... If I think of more, I´ll update. Until then I hope you all find yourselves in wonderful health and full of happiness! Cheers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

3 steps on the slack line!!?? that is 7 more steps than i have ever been able to take on it!

ali sa said...

Yea. fo sho.

WAIT A MINUTE! That doesn´t make sense...!

What I didn´t include in my post is that I got a pretty mean rope burn for my efforts! Thanks for you comentario!

Peaceful Road Warrior said...

Happy Year of the Ox to my baby Ox! One of the issues that our new First Lady will be addressing is work/life balance. It's something that we can all learn from her since she was/is a working mother who actively engages in the community.

I'm glad that you'll be able to take a little time off shortly.

Enjoy your life there! Carpe diem...